Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Cebu Experience


I will be going to Cebu! I am thrilled. Yes, I admit I am really excited although I have never shown the anticipation for several reasons: the flight was cancelled for 3 or 4 times and most of all, we do not have enough resources to send all the participants to the venue. Just imagine 15 persons. How much will it costs?

Nevertheless, we took the challenge and bravely surpassed it. Three days before the flight, I was able to secure 15 tickets through the help of a friend. The question is "Saan ako kukuha ng pangbayad?" Yes, we finished around 1 am finalizing the details of the said trip. Two days before the departure, we only have Php 32,000. We owe somebody the amount of PhP. 49,000.00. Alas, we were saved. A last minute solication with our City Mayor, Mayor Ramon Y. Talaga provided us with the much needed respite from thinking, we have at least PhP. 40,000++ at our disposal. Laughingly, I said to myself, we succeeded. Everything is alright for now.

A meeting was scheduled the following day for briefing. The unthinkable happened. A parent came and angrily questioned us. Actually not me. It was Mr. Alzola and Mr. Mercado who came to talk. I missed the whole incident. (I was not around and I am happy for that).

A sad news came that same afternoon. A text from one of the school's administrator that was received and read by my sister took me down, as if I have been running non-stop for an hour or so. The feeling was weird. All I can say is, "Is that the way it should end?"

Yes, that feeling of excitement was gone. All of a sudden, the thrill I felt, the sense of anticipation... are all gone.

Now, I am here in my house typing non-sense thoughts for you to read (during your spare time of course) waiting for updates and still hoping and even planning that within the week, I will be joining the team that went to Cebu. After all, this might be my last trip with them.

Dedication:
To those who helped us in many ways, I would like to thank you and for all those who made this experience really worth remembering, I also thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment